Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our La Grange, NC facility.
Responsible for design, specification, and implementation of safe and efficient manufacturing processes, including machine guarding and controls, tooling, fixtures, gauges, material handling, and process documentation. Support day-to-day manufacturing operation as part of cross-functional High-Performance Work Team. Includes collection and analysis of manufacturing data to implement process improvements that improve safety, product quality, customer delivery, and cost reductions. Provide on-floor process information for training and meeting engineering standards. Support and provide production associates the tools required to perform the job in a manner to meet all requirements. Support special process and customer audits. Provide mentorship to other members of the Eaton team in Manufacturing Engineering competencies. Develop and execute plant capital plans in conjunction with plant leadership team. Plan and execute Lean conversion of manufacturing cells and shop floor layout.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Design, develop, implement, and improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes: Uses MESH (Eaton Environmental, Safety and Health process), and other Eaton and industry standard practices.
- In conjunction with site leadership and Continuous Improvement functions, drive lean conversion of shop floor operations.
- Designs processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer quality specifications (Eaton Quality System, ISO, ATEX).
- Drive facility capability and capacity improvement through Value Stream Mapping (VSM) and other processes to support efficiency improvement and sales growth.
- Develop and execute capital plan to support capability, capacity and efficiency to develop new key plant processes in support of sales growth and product line diversification.
- Ensures processes are efficient in terms of capital intensity and human resources by implementing Eaton Lean Six Sigma tools
- Active membership of a High Performance Work Team (HPWT)/Focus Factory to support on-time delivery of customer orders through the manufacturing process excellence, including troubleshooting machine and tooling problems, supporting the DMR process for review and disposition of non-conforming materials, implementing continuous flow concepts, and training production employees to execute processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules and requirements, estimating future requirements
- Design equipment, gauging, and tooling utilizing solid modeling software and other engineering analysis and design tools. Work with suppliers and purchasing to procure equipment, tooling, and supplies as required. Specific equipment requirements include manual assembly, semi-automatic equipment, electrical testing, machining, milling and injection molding.
- Create and maintain PFMEAs, routers, equipment PMs, technique sheets, and equipment programs to ensure safety, quality, and cost targets are achieved.
- Mentor others in Manufacturing Engineering competencies, processes, and lean concepts.
- Work directly with manufacturing operators to troubleshoot and improve processes, including fabrication, assembly, measuring, and testing of products produced.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data and metrics to aid in design and improvement of processes.
- Proficient in Solidworks for drawing creation and
ECN Creation/Approval ROHS/REACH Compliance Evaluations, FAI/PPAP Approval
- Proficient at Measurement System Analysis, Capability Analysis, SPC and FMEA
- Provide support to launch projects through ProLaunch (Eaton new product introduction process) team as required to achieve a flawless launch.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a technical role supporting a manufacturing operations environment.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation offered. Only candidates that currently reside with a 50-mile radius La Grange, NC will be considered for this role. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree Electrical Engineering from an accredited school
- Experience in lean conversion of manufacturing processes or operations
- Experience in process improvement and layout architecture
- Experience in equipment, tooling and fixture design and/or improvement with demonstrated results
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time