Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Lead Embedded Engineer- Innovation/Architecture to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City or Midtown Atlanta, GA facility.
The Lead Embedded Engineer role in this group will be working jointly with the Solution/Product Management and Engineering leads. He/she is responsible for innovating and solving problems, then providing unique and competitive solutions to help improve quality and performance of our IoT offerings. A successful candidate must fully understand the context of the ecosystem and must work closely with development teams and leadership to deliver outstanding solutions.
We have a unique and exciting opportunity to learn, create, contribute, and exhibit the latest advancements in technologies to the organization. The Architecture & Innovation (AI) group is searching for a forward-thinking, and talented embedded engineer with a primary focus in the IoT (Internet of Things) technologies. He/she will often be responsible from conceptualization to building prototypes that will help drive the Lighting division’s connected products and services.
The candidate possesses excellent hands-on technical and communication skills with a proven track record of delivering positive results. The candidate must be willing to research, evaluate, and prototype solutions for IoT platforms. The candidate must also be able to balance cost, complexity, and time-to-market to ensure organizational success. The Lead Embedded Engineer role will play a critical part in ensuring Eaton delivers high quality products, using world class development processes, and rigorous validation testing in one of Eaton’s fastest growing business segments.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Collaborate with product teams in the development and initiation of new products
- Innovate, and strengthen the organization’s intellectual property portfolio
- Learn new technologies quickly and apply learning to create competitive technical solutions
- Work directly with stakeholders to create high quality products that solve customer problems
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in embedded development
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in RTOS, Linux, and/or embedded distributions
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in one or more of the following programming languages (C/C++/C#, Java, Python, JS)
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of wired/wireless technologies e.g. RS232, I2C, SPI, Ethernet, ZigBee, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Experience with messaging protocols, e.g., HTTP, CoAP, MQTT, etc.
- Experience in gRPC / GoLang
- Experience working with high-voltage test equipment, AC power supplies, Oscilloscope, Voltmeter, etc.
- Ability to clearly and efficiently communicate project charter, progress, and outcome.
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success.
- Proven track record of successfully designing, reviewing and delivering engineering systems
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment (local and remote)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time