Eaton’s Power Quality division is currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Project Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of hardware and software designs for Eaton and/or other branded products that are critical to the success of Eaton and its partners. This expertise is used to support specific customer applications, sales, and engineering functions. Additionally, this position serves as an engineering resource to support related factory and field service issues.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Act as a technical interface for key customers for both pre and post sale.
- Provides engineering guidance for the implementation of PQ related equipment (UPS, PDU, RPP, flywheels, batteries, alternative energy, switchgear components, etc).
- Prepares, maintains, meets, and manages overall project schedule and cost targets.
- Works with internal and external organizations to develop specific product designs per project plan.
- Develops conceptual and end product Power Quality designs with input from customers and end users; developes design concepts, engineering, and harware quotations for these designs.
- Produces electrical designs for Eaton Power Quality switchboard applications for Multi-Tenant, Enterprise, and Hyperscale Data Centers.
- Participates in pre and post sale issue resolution.
- Acts as a technical interface for prospective customers concerning their needs; interprets and develops Eaton based solutions to meet those needs.
- Presents product capabilites and performance to prospective and existing customers.
- Participates in team meetings as directed by department leadership.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution or currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering program with an expected graduation date no later than December 2019 from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
3 years design experience of power systems or data centers
Knowledge of engineering data base systems (Enovia)
Good understanding of the performance and capabilities of Eaton’s large UPS and power distribution products
- Ability to understand the competitive power quality environment.
Ability to be a self-starter that can drive projects forward to success with little management input
- Ability to recognize customer needs and possible Eaton solutions
- Ability to work autonomously and shift to a team environment
- Familiar with AutoCAD and other electrical design tools
Familiar with PLC and HMI programming using Siemens and Eaton products
Familiar in network communications, including Ethernet, Modbus, Profibus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and features
- Performs work with a sense of urgency and high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time