If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer -MV Switchgear in Eaton’s business, basedin Pune ,India . In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.This exciting role offers opportunity to:
• Demonstrated capability in design of MV switchgear system like design of busbars, disconnector mechanism etc.
• Completes system / component sizing, modeling, and simulation to meet switchboard requirements
• Develops test plans for short circuit, temperature rise, arc test in accordance with IEC standards. Creates test object requirements, plan for assembly and finalize test parameters & instrumentation. Responsible for conducting tests by ensuring deployment of standard practices. Assesses test results, root cause analysis through test findings/failures and takes corrective/preventive actions
• Uses Inventor to create component detail models and modifies models of existing products to meet new customer requirements. Supervises detail design in completion of detail drawings and packages
• Support Creation of new designs and advanced methodologies to support the Technical Roadmap of the organization
• Review Supplier Document Requirements List documents based on product requirements, customer specifications or industry standards like IEC, NEMA etc.,.
• Review, design proposals and documentation required to define & control products
• Participate in design reviews, both customer and internal as required
• Review reliability predictions, and Design Failure Modes and Effects analysis (FMEA) and structural/thermal/CFD results
• Participate in multi-discipline concurrent development and corrective action teams
• Pprovide formal and informal updates to Engineering Manager and Program Manager. Participates in the preparation for design review material and is the lead presenter or supports more experience Engineer / Project Engineer / Project Lead during design reviews
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse workforce and high interpersonal skills through active participation in organizational initiatives at group level
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Desired: Master’s degree in Mechanical Electrical Engineering
· 4 to 6 years of design experience with electromechanical systems
· Awareness of DFSS tools like FMEA, DFM&A, Monte Carlo Analysis etc
· Hands on experience with Creo-Direct, Inventor, Model manager, Enovia
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-MY1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only