Eaton’s North American Sales division is currently seeking a Commercial & Industrial Sales Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Grapevine, TX location. Relocation assistance will be provided if residing outside 50 miles of this location.
Primary responsibility is to manage the assigned customer base to increase sales in the local marketplace and provide sales and technical assistance. The Commercial & Industrial Sales Engineer will sell assigned product lines to targeted customers in a targeted Market Area. The position’s primary objective is to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin. Specific functions include: Drive increase in sales in the marketplace. Manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers. Develop a proven record of achieving assigned sales quota. Prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines. Support total quality efforts by providing timely and accurate information for order entry, elevating quality issues to attention of management. Ensure that accurate information flows to and from customers. Collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive product offerings.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Demonstrate a proven record of achieving assigned sales goals in assigned territory(s)
- Prepare and presents bids and quotations to customers utilizing company price and delivery guidelines, while using sound business judgment. Bid proposals are to be delivered in a timely manner.
- Facilitate communication between customers, warranty service, and plants to facilitate problem resolution with the goal of maintain long-term customer relationships
- Collect, analyzes, and utilizes market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits, and effectively communicates market intelligence to Product Line Marketing personnel
- Review and interprets customer needs on plans and specifications, and provides technical inputs to plans that present appropriate product solutions to satisfy customer needs
- Plan promotional events and educational presentations with consulting engineers and distributor personnel to promote Eaton’s product solutions
- Support processing of customer orders by providing accurate information during order submittal and managing proposal submittal information for customer approvals.
- Collaborate with General Sales personnel on projects that require Power Systems Division product quotations for broader Eaton package bids
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
BSEE or BSME from an accredited institution required
Minimum of 3-5 years sales experience in electrical products
Professional Engineer (PE) license is desired but not required for this position
Specific application of capacitors, transformers, and switchgear to industrial or utility systems as well as communication and SCADA systems knowledge and use required.
Excellent oral and written communication and motivational skills to work with a wide array of electrical engineering firms, distributor, end-users or other decision makers and all levels of buying influences.
Highly motivated to influence specifications to include or require the use of Eaton Power Systems Division equipment and services.
The capability to travel (up to 25%) within assigned territory to accomplish the goals and objectives of this position.
Computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office) as well as engineering based software packages common to the industry.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time