Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As an HR Manager you will be responsible for the development and implementation of all human resource activities to support and achieve corporate and plan objectives within the Havant and Brierley Hill Industrial organization.
As a member of the site leadership team, this role supports the Havant and Brierley Hill sites in all areas of HR including organizational design, employee development, talent review, performance management, assessment and selection, employee relations, compensation processes, company culture, Eaton philosophy etc. in order to ensure optimal employee engagement and retention. The emphasis is on implementation and integration of Eaton’s policies and initiatives
Your key deliverables:
• Support onsite and remote populations from the wider Industrial organization and EMEA.
• Devise and support strategies for planned growth at the Havant Plant including localization of product and new product ranges
• Create and maintain a strong relationship with site leadership team at all levels of organization, act as a business partner, strategic solution provider, advisor and counsellor to the site leadership team.
• Ensure that the plant complies with all relevant employment legislation and company policies; support and advise plant management and employees with regard to company policy and national employment legislation; develop and implement HR policies and procedures as required and in line with the Eaton Business System.
• Promote a positive employee relations climate and drive Eaton Philosophy Work Practices; assist in developing and implementing solutions to organizational challenges by leading change efforts through strategy building, identifying resources and improved processes / support that will advance change and impact business results
• Lead the recruitment and staffing process to ensure the hiring of highly skilled and talented individuals; support plant operations through planning headcount; support the OCA process ensuring succession planning in place.
• Focus on performance management process using the Eaton annual review tools to improve performance and provide robust succession planning for key positions.
• Manage the compensation and benefits process and support Line Managers with compensation reviews to ensure fair and competitive pay practices, ensuring benchmarking within Eaton and against the external marketplace.
• Ensure proper and effective personnel administration and reporting (headcount, time and attendance, payroll, etc.)
• Ensure compliance with internal and external Health and Safety standards & requirements.
• Lead Corporate HR initiatives in accordance with Eaton policies
• Lead and improve training and development related processes, to include identification of training needs, design, delivery and evaluation of development programmes.
• Leading and developing the Human Resources Department.
• Setting and driving the human resources strategy for the site.
• Support Global, EMEA, UK and local projects to introduce improvements in process and systems
• Develop & implement solutions to organisational challenges by leading/coaching others through change.
• Provide Leadership, management and coaching to Line Managers in all sites.
• Employee Relations: handle employee personal requests and issues in a customer-oriented and efficient manner. Support management in issues related to conflict, performance issues and termination.
• Minimum of 5 - 7 years of HR generalist experience (preferably in a manufacturing environment)
• Previous experience managing a team is critical
• Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration, MBA would be a plus
• Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal and listening skills
• Consultative, influential, facilitating and collaborative
• Strong hands-on mentality and organizational skills to include time management, manpower planning and wage / salary / benefits planning
• Independent and self-motivated with initiative and willingness to learn
• Thorough UK employment law knowledge and experience
• Lean manufacturing / administration knowledge a plus
• Demonstrated ability to drive organizational change
• Proficient in MS Office applications
• An ability to manage a busy and diversified workload which can alternate between operational and strategic.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time