Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Packaging Engineer, NA Distribution Centers to join our team.
This position is based at our Duncan, SC facility or an approved home office.
Our supply chain management team creates bottom-line impact by driving cost management and operational benefits. Within our supply chain, the Packaging Engineer for Americas and North American Distribution Centers will support the development and deployment of world class packaging solutions. In this role, you will drive towards optimal conditions (cost, environmental, quality, delivery, innovation, VAVE) for packaging design, innovation and efficiency by identifying areas with poor packaging design, low trailer cube utilization, returnable packaging solution, DC processes and packaging material standardization and inbound/outbound product damage elimination. You will also interface with customers to assure customer satisfaction in the Total Distribution Cycle. You will actively seek out returnable packaging opportunities in the DC via inbound and outbound shipments both from Eaton facilities and customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Support the development of distribution and plant packaging standards assuring all packaging passes ISTA requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement & cost-out through VAVE and total cost-out activity focused on package redesign, returnable containers, cube utilization and damage reduction.
- Identify and deploy best practices from peer companies and other Eaton regional distribution centers.
- Build on a culture of safety by eliminating risks related to packaging injuries.
- Collect feedback and take corrective action as needed from quality and product line managers regarding packaging performance.
- Advise procurement and logistics professionals on packaging technical support.
- Collaborate across DC's on best practices and deploy systemwide.
- Collaborate across DC's and standardized packaging materials.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering or Operations
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States on an on-going basis without Company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration or Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Professional Supply Chain related certification (e.g. CPM, CPIM)
- Professional Packaging Engineer Certification (e.g. CPP)
- 8 years' professional experience in packaging engineering
- 4-6 years’ distribution operations experience in a global business environment
- 4-6 years’ packaging engineering experience across multiple manufacturing product lines
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time