Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Lean Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha- Lincoln Ave. facility.
This position is responsible for reviewing the location’s manufacturing activities and provide recommendations to reduce tooling cost and improve setup times, material flows and cycle times. The engineer also analyzes manufacturing data or process information, monitors surroundings or materials, makes decisions and solves complex problems related to lean.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop standard work standards and line balancing for productivity
- Identify manufacturing cost reductions opportunities
- Purchase new manufacturing equipment
- Conduct and audit time studies for productivity and incorporate into labor routing program
- Optimize machining processes to reach product quality, efficiency and process repeatability
- Execute LEAN manufacturing techniques and design
- Optimize work flow and cell designs for shop throughput
- Design machine and tools for new product or process
- Track and execute cost reduction for process improvements
- Plan, execute and manage projects to complete through product continuous improvement
- Develop and sustain employees training and development on lean concepts
- Develop measurement systems supporting lean manufacturing philosophy
- Lead value stream mapping exercises to determine and record business improvement areas
- Develop and implement project plans to achieve Future State
- Plan and reach expense budget objectives and capital items
- Drive improvements in Safety, People, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Inventory (High 5 Metrics)
- Act as a safety role model, taking initiative to make improvements, demonstrating a commitment to making safety a priority
- Execute daily Tier Board Process requirements
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- Minimum 1 year of lean or continuous improvement experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Waukesha will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Experience leading continuous improvement projects
- Six Sigma certification
- Excel programming experience (macros/VBA)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to lead others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical data, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of product line
- Solid time and change management skills to meet production demands
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions using reasoning and decision-making skills to ensure quality work.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Strong organizational, presentation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to work safely and achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Strong skills in training other people
- Self-motivated person
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time