Sales and Promotion of Eaton ESS LV & MV Engineered Products, Solutions & Services to predominantly end user type customers. Promote ESS Products and Services to Influencers, Specifiers and Contractors to ensure future inclusion of Eaton product and services in project specifications. Communicating with existing and new customers, gathering market intelligence, benchmarking against competitors to understand and adjust strategy to suite market trends. Support colleagues and customers in Southern Africa to ensure team targets are achieved.
- Identify and develop ESS sales and service opportunities in assigned market segment and key accounts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with service partners to ensure growth and performance.
- Be proficient in and maintain required sales tools.
- Assist with market analysis, surveys and information required to develop business strategy.
- Diligent upkeep of CRM C360 system information and any other forecasting tools required. Accurately update sales stages, monetary values and dates to ensure all information is current and of high quality to increase accuracy for planning and forecasting purposes. Visitation and activity details recorded continuously.
- Continuous strive towards professional self-development by working to improve sales, business skills as well as product/application/service knowledge.
- Assist customers in the design process of a particular solution/product application, whilst following the sales process through from developing customer needs to conclusion.
- Forecast sales figures and pipeline status to assist with reporting accuracy.
- Prepare, assist and compile quotations and tenders as and when required. Support estimation team at tendering phase to ensure accurate and professional offers are submitted.
- Assist operations teams through engineering manufacturing and delivery phases, with regular follow up and support to ensure high customer satisfaction levels are maintained.
- Minimum tertiary qualification: National Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Mining or Heavy industrial environment.
- Extensive knowledge on motor control, distribution, medium voltage, automation and power quality products including the application thereof.
- Experience in proven sales methodology and negotiation techniques to manage sales process from call planning, engaging customers, obtaining their business and building long term customer partnerships with effective account management.
- Technical & product knowledge – Applies knowledge of technical and product capability to build creative solutions to customer needs and foster credible dialogue.
- Competitive intelligence – Understand competitor capabilities, value propositions and pricing strategies to better position Eaton’s benefits to align with the business need.
- Results orientated – take initiative and demonstrate a sense of urgency in driving for results. Act on sales opportunities and track own performance.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time