If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Lead Engineer- Electromechanical & thermal in Eaton’s Research Labs(the Labs) , based in Shanghai, China. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Identify, analyze, develop and validate advanced technologies in the fields of Power Conversion.
- Support global technology programs utilizing Eaton’s product development processes including Business Reviews, Technology Reviews, and Project Reviews.
- Support technology development projects, coordinate global teams (Eaton Business Divisions, Universities, National Labs and Customers).
- Create project plans, manage budgets and resources of sub-tasks, and deliver results on budget and schedule.
- Engage with and manage stakeholder relationships - Business Divisions in China and globally.
- Support on global organizational capabilities in power conversion.
- Support to be invited to partner with sales during customer visits discussing customer needs, Eaton capabilities and future technologies
- Ph.D is preferred, M.S. is required
- 0 year for Ph.D. and 5 years for M.S.
- Industrial experience in one of the following fields: heat transfer and electromagnetics applicable to power electronics, power conversion or electric drives
- Experience in heat transfer and/or electromagnetics as applied to low and medium voltage power conversion systems from concept develop to hardware validation.
- Experience in all modes of heat transfer (convection, conduction, radiation, phase change) in electric systems, and a good understanding of fluid dynamics.
- Thermal properties of various materials (metals, plastics, ceramics, liquids, gases, rubbers, polymers, grease, adhesives, phase change materials) and their applications in electric systems.
- Experience in design, analysis and test of thermal systems (air cooling, liquid cooling, phase change etc.)
- Experience in simulation of thermal systems using thermal network analysis and CFD (Fluent, Icepak, etc.)
- Additional desired experience:
- Experience in electromagnetic principles and analysis techniques; magnetic saturation, core loss, THD, resonance, proximity effects, parasitic capacitance, leakage inductance, impedance analysis, eddy currents etc.
- Design, analysis, and test of electromagnetic components (inductors, transformers, electric machines).
- Experience in manufacturing, testing and specifying thermal/magnetic components and equipment used in low and medium voltage applications
- Knowledge of power systems and power electronics including the design, simulation, and testing of devices under transient and steady state condition.
- Experience in power electronics packaging, isolation, creepage and clearance, and related standards (IEEE, IEC, UL, etc.)
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time