Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking an Inside Sales Representative to join our team. This position is based at our Kitchener, ON or Stoney Creek, ON facility.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for supporting sales activities in the electrical sector for South West Ontario. The responsibilities include accurate specification interpretation, quotation and technical support, timely communication with customers, warehouse, and manufacturing plants to facilitate issue resolution. In addition, the Inside Sales Representative is expected to proactively identify potential sales and follow-up to secure orders. The Inside Sales Representative will utilize a combination of customer and distributor support techniques to achieve orders and sales objectives for electrical solutions to a wide variety of customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide assistance to Eaton outside sales representatives and distributors with the various electronic order and entry, ship and debit processes
- Perform small project take-offs by reviewing customer single line diagrams and specifications. Determine the minimum bill of material, most competitive price level and shipment cycle. Interface with Major Projects Group when required.
- Use all pricing tools provided to complete timely quotations
- Build relationships with distributors and customers to enhance long term business prospects
- Prepare product quotations based on customer requirements and expectations
- Assist outside sales representatives with quotation follow-up and competitor activity reporting
- Work with distributors to create excitement, focus and enhance market participation
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values as well as the Safety and Environmental standards
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at:
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
College Diploma or University Degree in a related discipline
Experience working in a sales, customer support, or marketing role
Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80 kilometers of Kitchener, ON, or Stoney Creek ON, Canada will be considered
College Diploma or University degree in Electrical Engineering
Certified Engineering Technologist
Experience within the Electrical industry
Position Success Criteria:
Dealing effectively with both internal and external customers
Results oriented individual with a focus on sales and customers
Ability to travel within Ontario
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time