Eaton’s Fluid and Electrical Distribution Division of Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Rumford, RI facility.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for all design, specifications, and implementation of safe and efficient manufacturing processes, including machine guarding and controls, tooling, fixtures, gauges, material handling, and process documentation. Support day to day manufacturing operation as part of cross-functional High Performance Work Team. Includes collection and analysis of manufacturing data to improvement process improvements that improve safety, product quality, customer delivery and cost reductions. Provide on-floor process information for training and meeting engineering standards. Support and provide production associates the tools required to perform the job in a manner to meet all requirements. Support special process and customer audits.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Design, develop, implement, and improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes. You will design processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer quality specifications (Eaton Quality System, AS9100, and NADCAP).
- Utilize MESH (Eaton Environmental, Safety and Health process), and other Eaton and industry standard practices.
- Be an active membership of a High Performance Work Team (HPWT) to support on-time delivery of customer orders through the manufacturing process excellence, include troubleshooting machine and tooling problems, supporting the DMR process for review and disposition of non-non-conforming materials, implement continuous flow concepts and training production employees to execute processes.
- Design equipment, gauging, and tooling utilizing solid modeling software and other engineering analysis and design tools. Work with suppliers and purchasing to procure equipment, tooling, and supplies as required. Specific equipment requirements include manual assembly, semi-automatic equipment and pressure testing.
- Create and maintain PFMEAs, routers, equipment PMs, technique sheets, and equipment programs to ensure safety, quality, and cost targets are achieved.
- Work directly with manufacturing operators to troubleshoot and improve processes, including fabrication, assembly, measuring and testing of productions produced.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data and process improvement projects, including the development of the project management requirements and all implementation documentation. You will provide support to launch projects through ProLaunch team as required to achieve a flawless launch.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required OR currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution with an anticipated graduation date no later than May 2020.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. "Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Candidates must currently reside within 50 miles from the Rumford, RI facility to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum 6 months of engineering experience, including internships and co-ops.
- Mechanical and control knowledge for equipment troubleshooting and recommendation of improvements to product and process.
- Experience with NADCAP, customer quality/special process, or other industry-standard audits.
- Previous lean and/or six sigma certification.
- Equipment, tooling and fixture design and/or improvement.
- 3D modeling software experience/Visual basic experience.
- CNC programming, 2D drafting (CAD/CAM) and GD&T.
- Ability to communication effectively with all levels of organization, from production to leadership.
- Strong project and time management, organizational and analytical skills.
- Proficient in tools for Measurement system Analysis, Capability Analysis, SPC and FMEA.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.#LI-KL1
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time