If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Lead Engineer – Hardware based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
Positions’ main responsibility would be to enhance existing and/or develop new hardware designs/technology that enables the launch of new intelligent IOT products.
Provide technical solutions, follow defined processes& lead in hardware development & technology innovations. Should demonstrate ‘Right to Left’ thinking (starting with consideration for end user).
Creates strategy, direction, priorities and develops constructive solutions aligning to business needs.
Reviews project deliverables to ensure quality levels are met through tools such as DFSS and co-ordinate with engineering teams.
Train, develop and motivate subordinates to achieve their professional goals.
Understand customer requirements and communicate them to other Eaton teams, and act as the liaison for program activities as appropriate.
Develop and control the schedule and direct the work in order to effectively manage time.
Identify competencies and personnel needed to complete projects.
Monitor progress and achievements on projects. Provide regular reports on development and support activities.
Provide expert resolution of issues and monitor integration of work.
Review technical concepts of all electronics projects including equipment specification and design.
Synergies and leverage engineering capabilities across groups.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering in electronics/electrical/instrumentation/computer science with 9+ years of experience.
- Total relevant work experience: 10+ years.
- Extensive experience of full Hardware development life cycle including requirements management, design, development, verification& validation, qualification & certification testing in Electrical / Industrial applications.
- Demonstrated ability to technically lead, work with cross functional teams & provide solutions.
- Should have expertise in developing high speed mixed signals circuits.
- Should have hands on experience on IOT based hardware architecture design, feature & performance specifications, 16/32 bit micro-controllers and high speed peripherals based designs.
- Sound experience of linear / Switched Mode Power Supplies
- Should have hands on experience in wireless hardware design using WiFi,Zigbee and Bluetooth protocols.
- Sound experience on simulation tools like PSpice, LTSpice, Model Sim, etc.
- Hands on experience in defining the system / subsystem specifications, designing the architecture and requirements for complex systems.
- Should have ability to influence and drive people / activities on complex technical issues.
- Strong knowledge of EMI / EMC certification and environmental compliances – UL /IEC / RoHS / REACH etc
- Hands on experience on various Communication protocols like RS232, USB,SPI, I2C, Ethernet, wireless etc
- Experience collaborating with local / global suppliers for prototype developments, external labs for testing etc.
- Good knowledge on PCB design guidelines for SI, high speed design & EMI/EMC.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiarity with configuration/change management processes and tools
- Drive for results - Self-directed, High performer, can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only