Eaton’s Vehicle group is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Hastings, NE facility.
This position is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Hastings maintenance personnel. Planning and executing Preventative and Corrective Maintenance along with a TPM strategy.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Proactively implements, promotes and maintains a Zero Incident Safety Culture, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and rule enforcement.
- Actively participates in setting, communicating and achieving department goals and objectives and develops and maintains performance metrics as required to monitor results and uses those results as a tool to identify and initiate process improvements within own work area. Coordinates and/or participates in continuous improvement teams in own or other areas to enhance plant results.
- Fully engages workforce and promotes personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employees to drive decision making, foster innovation and continuously learn and by providing ongoing feedback on employee performance with formal evaluation provided at least annually.
- Manages budget and works with Plant Manager to prioritize resources and coordinate maintenance projects. This includes scheduling vacations, training, overtime and shutdown activities.
- Partners with the Manufacturing Manager and Engineering Manager to integrate maintenance planning and resources to support cost savings projects and other continuous improvement activities.
- Assigns projects and tasks to appropriate personnel to support continuous improvement.
- Manages capital projects for new/rebuilt production equipment to support improvement in reactive maintenance and machine capability.
- Orders and maintains supplies and materials to sustain both the department and manufacturing maintenance requirements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 year(s) supervisor experience in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Previous experience as a maintenance supervisor
- Experience with machine controls
- Experience managing a department budget, maintenance planning, maintenance/OSHA safety work practices and use of Maintenance Measures/Metrics to drive improvements
- Knowledge of 6-Sigma and other problem solving tools, read/draw blueprints using AutoCAD, and computer experience in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Oracle and Maximo
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time