Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Statutory Finance and Compliance Manager you will be responsible for delivering the statutory reporting for Eaton’s legal entities in Ireland and the UK within statutory deadlines and for managing the respective audit cycles. You will report directly to the Country Controller in Ireland and indirectly to the Country Controller UK and Baltics. You will have 7 dotted line reports in 3 different locations including Ireland, so influencing and planning skills are a must. This role is ideal for someone wanting to move from professional practice to a multi-national role or for someone already doing a similar role in a multi-national who wants a change!
Eaton Plc is located in Ireland so this role will give exposure to the Plc audit as well as diverse audits in entities in manufacturing and financial services. You will also gain exposure to cross business restructuring activities.You will work within our friendly finance team in Dublin, Ireland.
Your key deliverables :
- You will deliver the statutory financial reporting for Eaton’s legal entities in Ireland and the UK within the respective legal and tax deadlines
- You will manage the annual audit cycles with third party auditors to ensure time efficient and cost-effective audits
- You will implement consistent and robust processes for the preparation of the audit workbooks to support the statutory audits
- You will provide technical accounting (Irish and UK GAAP under FRS102) in response to restructurings, acquisitions and disposals as they arise.
- You will ensure that US GAAP to Local Stat adjustments are fully documented and are in accordance with technical guidance
- You will support the one-off transition of the Irish and UK entities to the Thomson Reuters reporting tool outsourced to Budapest. You will
- Implement a robust process for the ongoing future management of this process
- You will partner with tax to ensure accurate statutory accounting treatment for corporation, income and indirect tax
- You will be responsible for ensuring the accountants who own the statutory financial reporting deliver in a timely manner. The role will require you to take ownership for the completion of workbooks for several holding companies on a standalone basis
Do you have?
- Professional accounting qualification (ACCA or ACA preferred)
- 8 years post qualification experience
- Significant experience in auditing and preparation of statutory financial statements under Irish and UK GAAP (FRS102) within a Big 4 or large professional accounting practice. Or is the current holder of a similar role in a large multinational
- Experience of auditing and technical accounting in a multinational environment
- Sound practical knowledge of corporate, income tax and indirect taxes
- Professional presence and leadership skills
- Excellent influencing skills
- Ability to operate at a senior level in collaboration with diverse internal and external executives
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Oracle &/or SAP
- An understanding of US GAAP
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time