Eaton’s Electrical Technician is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician I – 2nd shift to join our team. This position is based at our Duncan, SC.
The primary function of this role is, under supervision, to perform entry to mid-level mechanical, electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s manuals, diagrams, schematics and sketches.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Responsible for power industrial trucks battery maintenance, exchanging batteries as needed.
- Identify needed parts, supplies, and repair items.
- Provide support and back up for other members of department as needed by leadership.
- Periodic lubrication, and water maintenance for power industrial batteries.
- Assemble simple devices such as furniture and shelving. Move furniture and machinery as required.
- Paint machines and equipment and superficial interior/exterior painting associated with building maintenance.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities - processes, results and cost savings.
- Assure compliance with 5S+ and housekeeping standards.
- May be required to setup and operate simple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Complete technical self-study programs for career development.
- Follow all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution and 18 months of maintenance technician experience OR and Associate’s degree with a technical focus from an accredited intuition.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Duncan, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Background in machining, metal working and welding machines
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and drawings
- Comply with all national and local safety and environmental standards, guidelines and policies by driving EBS/World class workforce initiatives such as ISO14001 and/or applicable regional initiatives.
- Production environment is subject to unexpected swings of overtime – must be able to flex personal schedule to cover required tasks on and off shifts
- Understanding of how to use precision gauging instruments.
- Ability to proactively work with other team members under limited supervision.
- This position requires standing and/or walking for an entire eight – twelve hours.
- Ability to comprehend and follow technical standards and maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of operating lift truck, material handling equipment, man lifts and hand tools.
- This job requires working daily with lubricants and solvents.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools.
- Understanding of basic electrical and mechanical systems. Can perform repairs.
- May be required to travel.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES AMER HQ MFGSC
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No