Eaton’s Electrical Technician is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician II – 1st shift to join our team. This position is based at our Duncan, SC.
The primary function of this role is under supervision, performs mid to expert level mechanical, electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturer's manuals, diagrams, schematics and sketches.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Perform mid to expert level break-fix & preventative maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: observing devices in operation to locating root cause of problem; dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; examining parts to detect imperfections; adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments; repair and/or replacement of defective parts; testing of device to observe performance; and performing tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical systems; reconditioning and repairing machine tools. Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to collect equipment performance data.
- Construct and alter physical facilities to accommodate changes or improvements.
- Identify and source parts and supplies.
- Repair items as necessary.
- Independently perform maintenance per industry standards.
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform welding tasks.
- Drive and participate in continuous improvement activities - processes, results and cost savings.
- Comply with 5S+ standards.
- Troubleshoot and analyze control systems to resolve software/ hardware and configuration problems.
- Provide assistance to other technicians and leadership and to small teams. Perform more advanced functions as a part of training and development.
- Complete on the job and technical self-study programs for career development
- Perform electrical power work in accordance with MESH 8.0 LOTO procedures. Run wire and cable, install fixtures and perform testing and diagnostics.
- Follow all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution with 5 years of maintenance technician experience OR and Associate’s degree with a technical focus from an accredited institution with 3 years of maintenance technician experience.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Duncan, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Background in machining, metal working and welding
- Proven ability to run a machine with multiple settings or specifications
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and drawings
- Understand electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems. Can analyze problems and perform repairs.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate.
- May be required to travel.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES AMER HQ MFGSC
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No