Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, coordinating and deploying work procedures and associated process controls as it relates to quality. In this role, you will review customer/industry/internal specifications to ensure compliance. You will facilitate quality processes for transfer of work to and from our facility. This role is part of a high-performance work team and will work closely with operations and front end new product development.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Perform contract reviews, providing manufacturing support, PPAP, auditing and corrective action investigations.
- Define, specify, and implement quality standards and procedures for manufacturing processes to meet Aerospace standards.
- Lead or provide technical advice and counsel to cross-functional teams assigned to process improvement projects / problem solving teams / product development teams.
- Assure that product shipped meets internal and external customer requirements.
- Develop and implement corrective actions including verification activities.
- Host Customer and Third Party Auditors as needed.
- Provide technical support to both internal & external customers, suppliers and inspectors.
- Formulate and implement quality assurance procedures, policies, and standards. You will ensure these documents align with the recognized Aerospace Quality System Standard as well as Eaton Objectives, Policies and Procedures.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
Minimum one (1) year of experience working within a Quality function
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Five (5) years of experience as a Quality Engineer
ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA),
Technical proficiency in Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) models
Thorough understanding of machining, welding, assembly operations, gauging, SPC, APQP, and quality assurance systems (ISO 9001, AS9100)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time