Eaton’s Electrical Technician is currently seeking a Master Technician – 1st shift to join our team. This position is based at our Duncan, SC.
The primary function of this role is under minimal supervision, performs expert level mechanical, electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s manuals, diagrams, schematics and sketches. Consults with equipment manufacturer or engineering personnel when reference materials do not exist.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Performs expert level break-fix & preventative maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: observing devises in operation to location root cause of problem; dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; examining parts to detect imperfections; adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments; repair and/or replacement of defective parts; testing of device to observe performance; and performing tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical systems; reconditioning and repairing machine tools.
- Construct and alter physical facilities to accommodate changes or improvements.
- Identify and source parts, supplies and repair items as necessary. Performs evaluations of alternatives to improve cost and / or reliability of equipment.
- Independently perform maintenance as per industry standards.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance procedures.
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform welding tasks.
- Lead, drive, and participate in Continuous Improvement activities--processes, results and cost savings using CI tools and methodology. Complies with 5S+ and housekeeping standards.
- Provide assistance to other technicians and leadership to project teams. Perform expert functions as a part of training and development.
- Troubleshoot and analyze complex control systems to resolve in-depth software/ hardware and configuration problems.
- Utilize predictive maintenance technologies to collect equipment performance data. Observes trends and makes recommendations to improve equipment reliability.
- Complete and conduct on-the-job training and technical self-study programs for career development.
- Perform electrical power work in accordance with MESH 8.0 LOTO procedures. Run wire and cable, install fixtures and perform testing and diagnostics.
- Follow all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution with 7 years of maintenance technician experience OR and Associate’s degree with a technical focus from an accredited intuition with 5 years of maintenance technician experience.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Duncan, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Background in metal working and welding machines
- Proven ability to run a machine with multiple settings or specifications
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and drawings
- Experience in predictive technologies, precision alignments, and general maintenance of applicable process equipment.
- Understands electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems. Can analyze the problem, synthesize alternative solutions, and perform repairs.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate.
- Experience in vibration analysis or laser interferometer operations, precision alignments, and maintenance of applicable process equipment.
- Complies with all national and local safety and environmental standards, guidelines and policies by driving EBS/World class workforce initiatives such as ISO14001 and/or applicable regional initiatives.
- Production environment is subject to unexpected swings of overtime – must be able to flex personal schedule to cover required tasks on and off shifts
- Understanding of how to use precision gauging instruments.
- Ability to proactively work with other team members under limited supervision.
- This position requires standing and/or walking for an entire eight – twelve hours.
- Ability to comprehend and follow technical standards and maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of operating lift truck, material handling equipment, man lifts and hand tools.
- This job requires working daily with lubricants and solvents.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES AMER HQ MFGSC
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time