Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Material Handler - Bus Kitting/Pulling - A Shift (Mon-Thu 5a-3p) to join our team. This position is based at our Sumter SC facility.
In the Production Associate, Material Handler role you will support our assembly teams and the shipping of parts to other facilities by kitting and pulling steel or copper fabricated parts and other purchased. You will locate or reorder parts needed for specific jobs and determine the root cause for missing parts. You will effectively communicate and work with members of a team to complete your job function and meet safety, quality, and productivity goals.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Contribute to a safe, engaged and inclusive work culture by complying with all policies, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- Work from travel document, blueprints and oral or written instructions in order to pull copper, steel or purchased parts for assembly. You will pull parts from various warehouse locations and deliver to the assembly teams. You will reorder parts as needed.
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate concerns appropriately.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement as well as complete root cause analysis in response to issues with quality or production.
- Responsible for quality, including measuring finished parts with tape measure and/or calipers, visual inspections of material, identifying nonconforming parts, and troubleshooting errors.
- Cross train and stand in for other employees/job functions when necessary.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Sumter, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience with processes and procedures related to steel and copper fabrication, purchasing, receiving, shipping, and inventory control.
- Experience reading blueprints, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, or operating instructions.
- Experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure and calipers)
- Experience with Eaton systems including DMM, Swift and AS-400.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
Expected to work with some degree of independence and make decisions that affect the workgroup. Focus efforts on attaining assigned goals and objectives, which include meeting needs and expectations of internal and external customers.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 35 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 35 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No