Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Specialist Software Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Franksville, WI Site.
The Specialist Software Engineer is responsible for leading and directing a team of developers in the specification, design, implementation, testing, and release of new features and enhancements for Eaton’s ProView NXG interface software. In this role, you will research, review, and implement best-practices, new and emerging technologies, and design patterns to new and existing development.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Guide local and remote teams in the development and implementation of new features, enhancements, and changes for ProView NXG interface software.
- Maintain and enhance technical proficiency in software engineering related development environments, processes, and tools.
- Plan, assign, and manage development work to achieve on-time delivery of ProView NXG features and enhancements.
- Coordinate and collaborate with product owners and systems, hardware, embedded software, applications, and manufacturing development teams to produce engineering designs and specifications for new features and enhancements.
- Request, perform, review, and manage code reviews using revision control software and collaborative code review tools.
- Execute ProView NXG development builds and formal releases and manage ProView NXG platform documents and source code using version control tools
- Manage, maintain, enhance, and document the ProView NXG Windows install
- Mentor and coach less experienced members of the team in all aspects of software engineering.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Science from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five years of experience in software applications development
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Franksville, WI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Eight or more years of experience in software applications development.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience developing .NET, C# based applications.
- Experience leading a team through all stages of the application development lifecycle
- Experience with Windows Presentation Foundation, XAML, and Workflow.
- Practical working knowledge of the Prism tools and guidance for building composite applications, including integration of the Managed Extensibility Framework.
- Experience working with GIT and JAMA.
- Experience with Ethernet and TCP/IP based communications.
- Experience with the DNP communications protocol including Triangle Microworks DNP.
- Knowledge of power systems, switchgear, and/or regulator controls products/applications.
- Extensive experience with a version control system.
- Experience with a collaborative code review tool.
- Experience with an installer authoring tool.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA for issue and bug tracking.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate risks as they arise during development.
- Ability to communicate with and effectively lead local and remote developer teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to operate effectively with minimal supervision
- Good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with the ability effectively relay instructions to a remote team as well as report progress to upper management
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time