Develop and implement COE – Special Bus plugs.
Coordinate VAVE and NPI engineering projects.
Development of new products as a result of design changes, cost reduction, quality improvements, new designs, etc., using the design process.
Keep updated manufacturing information using different documentations systems (CMS, AS-400, Vista, Mapics, ECN, Acad / Inventor, Enovia, etc.)
Maintenance of legacy bus plugs products that meet Safety and Industry product standards and actively participate in EQS and MESH initiatives.
• Main link between design and production departments for the various products manufactured at Juarez plant.
• Coordinate the manufacture of prototypes to implement new designs and product modifications.
• Manage COE Engineering activities, technician and draftsman, to comply with the implementation plans for VAVE, quality improvement and NPI projects.
• Develop and implement COE designs for bus plugs.
• Actively participate in the implementation of CI projects that positively impact safety, quality and productivity.
• Participate in the corrective and preventive actions system by identifying the root cause of design related problems.
• Provide technical support to the departments of Production Control, Customer Service, Technical Resource Center, Production, Quality, Manufacturing, Accounting and Materials.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- At least 5-10 years of experience in a closely related industry
- Understanding of electrical equipment design
- Project Management
- National Electric Code (NEC)
- Design for Six Sigma
- English language (written and spoken)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time