Eaton’s Industrial Control Division (ICD) is currently seeking a Drives Application Engineer to join our team. This position is based in Watertown, WI or Menomonee Falls, WI.
This position is responsible for exceeding profit plan sales and order objectives for the respective sales region by developing relationships and driving sales growth with Drive IS Reps, Channel Partners and HVAC/Pumping OEMs.
The position will work closely with the sales organization within assigned geography to close new orders and meet sales, orders and market share growth objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Prepare recommendations, price estimates and written proposals for open and engineered (enclosed) drives with Reps, Distributors and Sales partners within their respective region.
- Identify OEM targets with product line management and perform market research, opportunity plan, make contact (cold call) and develop plan with field sales to obtain business. Make customer sales presentations with field sales personnel as required or requested.
- Conduct commercial review process for engineered product orders and facilitate resolution of discrepancies to ensure "clean order" status.
- Provide contract management of engineered product orders for assigned customer base to ensure customer satisfaction and desired margin performance.
- Assist product managers as requested with product development activities to ensure achievement of desired end results.
- Analyze cost data on standard products and shipping orders to monitor performance and take action to ensure achievement of financial objectives.
- Perform market analyses to assist with development of marketing programs and facilitate product/development planning for assigned products / territory or as directed
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales engineering/application engineering role supporting electrical products OR 3 years of engineering experience designing industrial controls and/or drives.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related fields from an accredited institution.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Watertown, WI or Menomonee Falls, WI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Excellent communication, problem solving, strong time management and organizational skills
Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings, wiring schematics, and specifications
- Ability to develop quotation packages
Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Applications
- Ability to work in a team environment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPCD Controls Power Conversion Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time