Eaton’s Lighting Solutions business is currently seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join our team. This position is based at our Toronto, Ontario location.
This role presents the opportunity to work closely with contractor, distributor and end user accounts to provide Eaton lighting and lighting controls solutions to the market. These solutions apply to a broad spectrum of products in the lighting category ranging from traditional to IoT enabled luminaries in a fast-paced lighting environment. Successful applicants will be part of the Eaton lighting team based in Mississauga, Ontario dealing with channel partners, contractors, the specification and architectural community and National Accounts.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
• Manage all aspects of the relationship with assigned distributor, contractors and end user accounts.
• Be aware of and responsive to market conditions, industry events and competitive activities.
• Plan promotional efforts and presentations with distributor personnel to gain product recognition.
• Assist distributor in establishing technical support, market activities and pricing strategies.
• Prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines as well as electronic tools.
• Aid customers with lighting and lighting controls design layouts.
• Implement new product programs as they arise.
• Collect, analyze and utilize market intelligence data on competitive products, customer needs, preferences and buying habits.
• Provide necessary reports and surveys as requested by the area Sales Manager in a timely manner.
• Maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with other company personnel to assure customer satisfaction.
• Maintain an active opportunity pipeline and utilize the CRM system to manage accounts, advance opportunities and achieve goal metrics as outlined by your manager.
• Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values as well as the Safety and Environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
• College diploma or High School diploma with equivalent industry sales experience.
• Minimum 3 years of technical sales experience.
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80 kilometers of Mississauga, ON, Canada facility will be considered.
• Bachelor's of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology.
• P.Eng, EIT or CET.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate in depth knowledge of lighting and lighting control systems.
• Document a commitment to continuous learning.
• Demonstrate an understanding of Commercial Terms and Conditions.
• Demonstrate well developed presentation skills.
• Superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Effective time management skills.
Accessibility information may be found at:
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time