Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Working at our Titchfield site, or remotely if required you will be reporting to the Aerospace Supplier Development organization you will be responsible for the deployment of supplier development and improvement processes across the Eaton
Supplier Development Engineer
Your key deliverables:
Responsible for the deployment of supplier development and improvement processes across the Eaton Aerospace supply chain to achieve improvement in both Quality and Delivery performance, and enhance supplier capabilities to meet future business needs.
Works directly with suppliers where Quality or Delivery performance, or business risk demands robust corrective action and improvement. Utilizes expertise and a wide range of tools to identify and lead improvement actions including Problem Solving, Auditing, Material Management, and Load & Capacity planning.
Conducts initial Supplier Site Assessments (SSA) to evaluate risk with New Suppliers prior to their addition to the ASL
Performs capability (Product, Process, Materials Management) assessments and where necessary, Special Process Audits with key suppliers to evaluate the application of advanced quality tools, manufacturing capabilities, material management, and lean maturity. Supports the development of subsequent improvement plans and coordinates milestones& completion of actions against an agreed project charter.
Assesses Production Rate Readiness with suppliers that are undergoing significant industrial transfers to ensure risks are understood, and coordinates the timely completion of actions to eliminate supply chain disruption.
Actively supports supply chain cost-out projects and new product introduction by working closely with suppliers from development through to production launch, ensuring compliance to process, and coordinating on time submission of FAI’s or PPAPs as required.
Coaches suppliers in the deployment of key business processes such as 8D Problem Solving, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), SIOP and Material Management.
- Monitors performance, communicates expectations and required actions for all assigned suppliers. Supports & protects the Business as a Voting Member on Divisional Gate Reviews.
- Functions as a liaison between suppliers and internal functions/plants (Engineering, Quality, Operations etc.) to clarify requirements, facilitate communication and drive accountability for improvement actions.
- Educates suppliers in Eaton Aerospace internal processes to achieve optimal alignment with Eaton manufacturing plants.
- Leads cross-functional teams in the development and deployment of effective supplier related policies, processes, and procedures per AS 9100 and customer requirements. Leads the deployment and training of both internal and external stakeholders worldwide.
Currently a specialist in supplier development within Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, or Supply Chain?
· Minimum of 5 years experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, or Supply Chain
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or supply chain management
· Basic knowledge of quality systems (ISO/TS16949, AS9100), methods and practices including APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, and PPAP
· Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt
· Lead auditor qualification
· Lean training and hands on experience is desirable
· MBA is a plus
What Eaton offers?
· Competitive compensation and benefits package (/you can list the benefits here/)
· Contract in fast growing global company
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No