Eaton’s Fluid & Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Group Lead (Quality) to join our team. This position is based at our Bethel, CT facility.
The Manufacturing Group Leader responsible for the daily coordination of manufacturing resources, leads the Shift Start meeting (stretching, manning and production priorities) to coordinate daily operations, improves team productivity by building product (at least 50% of the time), communicates effectively with all echelons of the organization, liaisons between various functions and departments, assists VSMs with CI, actively participates in CI events, and provides input to VSMs for team performance reviews.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will guide, oversee, and coordinate work operations to respond positively to unusual situations, changes, materials, and varying labor requirements and contribute to improving team productivity
- You will Measure and monitor past and present performance and track progress toward goals, objectives, and plans.
- You will Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers and Quality teams to ensure the continuous application of quality control standards to products and work processes.
- You will serve as a frontline, working coordinator. Work with manufacturing employees in production and support functions when necessary.
- You will lead all training and instruction efforts for the team and maintain and communicate daily production standards, schedules and necessary metrics
- You will prepare and lead shift start meetings and assist in the facilitation of Tier 2 High Performance Work Team meetings.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years manufacturing experience in a related area of responsibility required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Position Success Criteria:
Must have experience with dimensional inspection and blueprint reading.
Highly skilled at processing requirements of fully traceable work in support of products with a high degree of accuracy.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills, persuasive ability, and analytical problem solving aptitude with individuals and groups to facilitate process improvements within teams.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No