Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Lead Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, Michigan facility. Relocation assistance will be provided
The Lead Manufacturing Engineer will provide technical leadership to the manufacturing engineering staff. Leading multiple large-scale projects within the plant and division while working with global teams. Facilitating 8D problem solving, investigating and troubleshooting issues, and presenting conclusions to internal and external customers. The Lead Manufacturing Engineer will ensure individual and group project objectives are met. Prepares/reviews documents including cost estimates, capital appropriation requests, project schedules, design specifications, process specifications, and equipment specifications. Prepare and present technical reports and conclusions to leadership team members. Understand and incorporate external trends into relevant projects. Create, review, and update process and technical work instructions used in the manufacturing engineering function.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Design, develop, implement, and improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes:
- Uses MESH (Eaton Environmental, Safety and Health process), and other Eaton and industry standard practices
- Designs processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer quality specifications (Eaton Quality System, AS9100, and NADCAP).
- Ensures processes are efficient in terms of capital intensity and human resources by implementing Eaton Lean Six Sigma tools
- Active membership of a High Performance Work Team (HPWT)/Focus Factory to support on-time delivery of customer orders through the manufacturing process excellence, including troubleshooting machine and tooling problems, supporting the DMR process for review and disposition of non-conforming materials, implementing continuous flow concepts, and training production employees to execute processes.
- Design equipment, gauging, and tooling utilizing CATIA solid modeling software and other engineering analysis and design tools. Work with suppliers and purchasing to procure equipment, tooling, and supplies as required. Specific equipment requirements include manual assembly, semi-automatic equipment and pressure testing.
- Create and maintain PFMEAs, routers, equipment PMs, technique sheets, and equipment programs to ensure safety, quality, and cost targets are achieved.
- Mentor others in Manufacturing Engineering competencies, processes, and lean concepts.
- Work directly with manufacturing operators to troubleshoot and improve processes, including fabrication, assembly, measuring, and testing of products produced.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data and metrics to aid in design and improvement of processes.
- Manage activities and budgets for manufacturing and process improvement projects, including the development of the project management requirements and all implementation documentation.
- Proficient at AIAG or equivalent tools for Measurement System Analysis, Capability Analysis, SPC and FMEA
- Provide support to launch projects through ProLaunch team as required to achieve a flawless launch.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of post-degree professional experience in a technical role supporting manufacturing processes
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team.
- Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical, manufacturing, chemical or aerospace engineering
- Experience with new program development or project transition activity is a plus
- The ideal candidate would have 7-10 years’ experience in Aerospace process development.
- Proficiency in Product Data Management systems for document control and workflow management (ENOVIA is a plus)
- Understanding of fluid conveyance related products, manufacturing techniques, and material science
- Hose, tube, fitting, and coupling manufacturing engineering experience is a plus.
- 3D modeling and tooling design/development is a plus
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time