Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking an Operator I to join our third shift team. This position is based at our Middlesex, NC facility.
The Packaging Operator is responsible for inspecting and packing of hoses. Removing defective products. Maintaining records and the manufacturing/production area to comply with regulatory requirements and standard operating procedures. Timely and accurately completion of computer transactions.
The operator will be required to learn how to pack in at least 2 of the cells below:
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Inspect and measure dimensions of tubes to verify conformance to specifications using appropriate measuring tools
- Assemble and create labels for boxes.
- Cut and submit samples to Quality Lab according to instructions given in a timely manner.
- Record footage of each coil and place in box accurately.
- Perform duties relative to production in the assigned area and is able to operate all equipment and machinery in the assigned area
- Review work orders, specifications or instructions to determine material, ingredients, procedures, components and settings
- Accurately complete computer transactions as necessary (labor & scrap transactions, inventory disbursements & cycle counts, expense items, etc.).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Middlesex, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 6 months of Manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to work overtime on the weekends
- Packaging experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate experience in computer transactions
- Strong problem-solving, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills/teaming ability
- Ability to learn and successfully operate production equipment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No