This position performs a variety of duties to load, unload and operate company vehicles such as van, truck or tractor trailer.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Operate vehicles to move materials between interplant shuttle and storage points
- Pick up and deliver miscellaneous material to and from plant and various vendors. Maintain trip log as required to enter time, route and stops.
- Deliver and pick up mail to and from post office and plant as scheduled
- Make occasional over the road trips, and perform a variety of similar or associated duties as required or directed.
- Perform duties to load and unload Company vehicles, check against bills of lading, obtain receipts, signatures, and process as prescribed.
- Maintain equipment in a clean presentable condition. Detect and report faulty operations of vehicles and refer questionable cases to proper supervision.
- Follow standard or prescribed safety regulations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Syracuse, NY will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Must have a CDL class A license.
Must have a minimum of one - two years trucking experience
Requires the use of judgment to comply with instructions or prescribed routines.
Moderate physical effort, equivalent to continuous light, frequent average or occasional heavy manual effort applied in various ways and positions in performance of various job duties.
Judgement required to plan, perform and make decisions as to the sequence of operations and processes within the limitations of recognized or standard methods and procedures.
Able to add, subtract, multiply, divide including decimals and fractions; make ordinary use of charts and tables, schedules and properly interpret reports or recorded data.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No