Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our downtown Atlanta, GA or Peachtree City, GA site.
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for designing innovative new products to support our growing business. This person will work closely with the Program Manager, Marketing Manager, Engineering Group, Sourcing, and Manufacturing personnel to develop lighting systems and controls that delight our sports and entertainment customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Contributes to the product definition and completes product specifications
- Completes the entire advanced circuit design cycle, including: component selection, schematic capture, simulation, layout, verification (bring-up, debug, testing, troubleshooting), and design/PCB documentation. These designs must address challenging performance objectives while meeting the size, thermal, regulatory, manufacturability, reliability, and cost objectives.
- Actively coordinates PCB layout with the thermal, mechanical, embedded, and system design throughout the product development cycle.
- Validates electrical designs through design reviews, product testing, and detailed analysis and protects intellectual property through patent disclosures.
- Drives implementation of new technologies into product development and drives innovation of new technologies for future products.
- Resolves quality issues related to components or manufacturing and troubleshoots field related technical issues
- Coordinates across a cross-functional team to achieve project objectives and contributes to advanced research and development
- Implements ECNs to document changes to products
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Lighting Business to Signify N.V. This transaction is expected to be completed in the first Quarter of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Lighting Business and would transfer to Signify N.V. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when the transaction closes, you will be eligible to participate in Signify N.V.’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that Signify N.V’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution or currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology program from an accredited institution with a graduation date no later than January 2020
- Minimum of two (2) years of electrical engineering experience (includes internship/co-op experience)
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Atlanta, GA and Peachtree City, GA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis and not require future company sponsorship.
- Knowledge of power electronic concepts and switch mode power supply theory of operation
- Knowledge of control systems for lighting products
- Knowledge of LED lighting and driver circuitry
- Knowledge of I2C, SPI, UART, USB, and other communication protocols
- Knowledge of LED lighting and driver circuitry
- Knowledge of basic IOT theory, specific understanding of BLE and Zigbee radios preferred
- At least 1 year of experience in analog/digital circuits preferred
- Experience in writing scripts for test automation preferred
- Experience in writing automated testing equipment (ATE) code preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Clearly communicates issues and resolutions to management
- Ability to use basic electrical test equipment (power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to work independently as an individual contributor as well as a team member
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time