Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Scrum Master to join our team. This position is based at our Franksville, WI site.
The Scrum Master is responsible for leading the technical development of software, embedded software and electronic control projects with the support of functional engineering managers by effectively leveraging Agile best practices.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Guide activities related to new product development including planning, estimating, designing, peer review, integration and release.
- Collaborate with the product owners and development team to ensure that all requirements and specification of embedded software subsystems are defined and subsequent targets are met.
- Facilitate and monitor the Scrum process from initiation through delivery and mentoring and coaching Scrum teams to instill agile values and principles.
- Facilitate productivity by removing impediments teams will encounter, mediating through conflicts, helping team to make decisions and adhering to continuous improvement principles.
- Develops and leverages tools for measuring & monitoring progress (Burndown charts etc..).
- Coordinates and encourages participation from all team members in scrum ceremonies (Daily Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Retrospective).
- Establishes objectives and goals to support product line project deliverables. Collaborate with external and internal customers, such as Marketing, Service, Operations and other engineering teams throughout the product development life cycle.
- Drives identification of risks and appropriately mitigates to reduce project and requirement impact. This is accomplished by planning, controlling and integrating all project activities and deliverables to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical /Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years experience with Agile development methods
- Minimum of three years of experience in an engineering leadership role developing Embedded Software and experience with real-time operating system (RTOS) concepts.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Franksville, WI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience with backlog tracking, Scrum and Kanban based metrics, task definition and story splitting.
- Experience with agile transformations, building Agile teams and implementing Agile “from scratch”.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (diverse team sizes, organizations, cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Experience in sprint & release planning, running demos and retrospectives.
- Basic understanding of C/C++.
- Experience working with GIT and JAMA.
- Knowledge of power systems, switchgear and regulator controls products/applications is an added advantage.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, get results and drive change through others.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage by influence through solid relationships and process focus
- Ability to effectively present results and recommendations to senior-level executive team.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time