If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Manager - EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Incumbent will be primarily responsible for managing & directing site in achieving Environmental, Health & Safety objectives.
- Manage & direct the site in achieving Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) targets & objectives
- Develop/Support creation of EHS goals for the site in alignment with Corporate/Regional EHS objectives
- Establish MESH council by assigning MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of MESH elements
- Develops and implements site programs, policies and procedures to conform with Eaton EHS and MESH mandates
- Develops/Maintains site emergency response plans and ensures drills are performed to document plan effectiveness. May serve as site emergency coordinator
- Drive & promote zero-incident EHS culture throughout the site
- Ensure all EHS incidents/accidents/near misses/SIOs are promptly reported and thoroughly investigated to determine root causes. Identify & implement corrective & preventive action plans and track to closure
- Drive Management of Change (MoC), Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and workstation ergonomic improvements to improve employee health, safety and productivity
- Create employee training matrices to ensure that required EHS trainings are defined and tracked to completion
- Plan & establish EHS budget requirements as part of annual profit plan cycle
- Ensure 100% regulatory compliance as required for site related to EHS requirements
- Work with leadership team & MESH element champions to complete annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state & local regulations
- Pursue third-party recognition for programs that establish the site & Eaton’s EHS program as world class
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university/institution
- Master’s degree or advance diploma in Environmental Engineering, Industrial Safety
- Min. 8-10 years of relevant experience in environmental, Health & Safety program management in manufacturing or R&D (Test Lab) environment
- Proven safety track record with experience in developing and implementing safety programs
- Prior experience & strong knowledge related to implementation of OSHA, ISO14001 and compliance for EHS related regulations at country. State & local level"
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience
- Strong drive for results is essential with self-directed leadership, requiring minimal supervision and being proactive
- Good Communication skills, Presentation Skills
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time