If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Manager - Maintenance & Materials management based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Incumbent will be primarily responsible for Maintenance of Test lab equipment, collaborate with facility team for Utility/Facility maintenance of test lab and will also oversee Materials management. Incumbent will own execution and sustenance by managing resources both internal & External for effective utilization and availability of equipment. Incumbent is responsible for guiding the internal & external teams for continuous improvement through problem solving tools.
- Provide leadership & direction to the maintenance personnel (internal/external/contract) in the assigned area of Test equipment, material handling equipment (including forklift) & utility/facility maintenance for Test Lab
- Establish standard operating procedures and troubleshooting guides for routine maintenance activities in line with MESH guidelines
- Establish detailed TPM/RCM action plan for each equipment and ensure to meet the TPM activity to up keep the equipment for effective utilization
- Ensure maintaining all necessary maintenance records and prepare required reports to monitor equipment/utility uptime, availability, Preventive Maintenance effectiveness and drive improvements
- Provide Management with reports of equipment breakdown analysis (MTTR, MTBF) with plans for improvement
- Manage Annual Maintenance Contracts (AMCs) with suppliers for equipment repairs, calibration etc.
- Develop critical spares list and establishes an adequate inventory of replacement and repair parts. Oversees procurement of necessary parts.
- Implement and deploy corrective actions to ensure compliance with Quality Management Systems, OSHA regulations, statutory regulations and local laws as applicable from equipment maintenance point of view
- Support in planning and execution of new equipment purchase & installation/commissioning
- Plan & establish maintenance budget requirements as part of annual profit plan cycle
- Oversee trainings of maintenance personnel (internal/external/contract) in safety procedures and ensure safe work practices are adhered to
- Collaborate with facility team in establishing plans and executing work related to utility & facility maintenance for test lab
- Provide leadership & direction on materials management as relates to storage, issuance, usage and disposal of material that belongs to Test lab by close working with third party supplier managing the stores/warehouse."
- BE- Mechanical engineering from an accredited university/institution.
- Min. 8-10 years of relevant experience in maintenance in manufacturing or R&D (Test Lab) environment
- Strong Mechanical troubleshooting skills. Electrical troubleshooting skills will be plus
- Ability to interpret equipment Hydraulics & Electrical Schematics
- Experience in LEAN tool deployment for continuous improvements in Utilization, Energy efficiency and cost savings
- Prior experience/strong knowledge in materials management area (stores/warehouse)
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience preferred
- Proven safety track record with experience in developing and implementing safety programs
- Strong drive for results is essential with self-directed leadership, requiring minimal supervision and being proactive
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make sound decisions
- Good Communication skills, Presentation Skills
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time