Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Maintenance/Production Supervisor for 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Horseheads, NY facility.
The Maintenance/Production Supervisor will direct plant-wide maintenance activities including preventive and predictive maintenance in a productive and safe manner.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Lead several production departments in addition to maintenance, including machining and metallurgy. Support problem solving, root cause analysis and creativity/innovation to improve key business drivers utilizing an Eaton Lean Six Sigma manufacturing approach.
- Assure that safe work procedures are established and followed with maintenance and outside contractors.
- Coach and develop employees within the maintenance and production departments including conducting performance reviews and certifications as appropriate. Motivate and recognize employees to help improve morale and exceed delivery targets.
- Assure effective maintenance practices and optimized uptime of all production and facility equipment while maintaining forecasted budget. Oversee the maintenance work/equipment records with input from Manufacturing and Engineering. Oversee and balance preventative maintenance schedules.
- Work in conjunction with manufacturing and engineers to provide project and daily support. Effectively manage scheduled and unscheduled resource demands to maximize plant/equipment uptime.
- Cross-train to understand the facility requirements for compressed air, in house electrical distribution, HVAC, re-circulating water, and building grounds maintenance. Support the maintenance system to meet the MESH, VPP, TS16949, EBE and other customer and Eaton requirements. Sets minimum work practices and training required by specialty area.
- Maintain good employee relations and adherence to the Union-Management Labor Contract and take proper and judicious disciplinary measures when required. Fully engage workforce and drive change by empowering business partners with decision making and involvement.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience.
- Minimum 2 years of maintenance experience within a manufacturing or operations environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the Horseheads, NY facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience implementing continuous improvement initiatives in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with capital equipment analysis, project cost analysis, and/or long-term maintenance analysis.
- Experience supervising maintenance personnel.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification, strongly preferred.
- Experience leading a union team.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change in a leadership position with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and strong sense of urgency.
- Ability and experience working in a fast pace, high volume, manufacturing facility is required.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with people; the understanding of a person’s strong/weak points is critical.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No