Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Custom Assembler 3rd shift to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
The Custom Assembler 3rd shift be responsible for performing a variety of diversified sub and final assembly operations on our overhead switchgear product line which contain a large number of parts and substantial fitting and aligning of components.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Perform a variety of repetitive sub and final assembly operations on various standard product lines.
- Perform some complicated sub-assembly operations, usually limited to a specific standard procedure - on a repetitive basis.
- Complete routed operation per PP01 or work order instructions
- Set-up workstation to facilitate easier assembly and operate independently or on a group basis.
- Complete paperwork, enter labor, confirm production, & move products to outgoing materials zone.
- Screen defective parts or make adjustments as necessary.
- Assist QA/Engineering with problem solving for new product development.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Trades training (or equivalent) of soldering and brazing operations, electronic terminology and symbols, and electrical circuits and electronics.
- Knowledge of soldering.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a manufacturing environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No