Eaton’s Hydraulic Power and Motion Controls Division is currently seeking a Shipping Helper to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The Shipping Helper is responsible for working as a team with the primary purpose of maintaining a continuous flow of material through a manufacturing cell or work area, as required executing production demands. In this role you will promote and be involved in continuous improvement activities to eliminate waste and improve efficiency of the manufacturing process.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Set up and perform a variety of operations including, product painting and packing, and service stores
- Unpack, shelves or otherwise stores merchandise in proper storage location; moving merchandise around warehouse by hand, truck or other method
- Operate a stand-up forklift
- Load and unload merchandise for painting
- Perform finished goods inventory cycle counting
- Run the U.P.S. and FedEx manifesting station.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Minimum 1-year distribution experience similar to packing/shipping/receiving
- Demonstrated ability to perform self-directed work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated basic computer data entry skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with other employees in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to read, understand and effectively apply information contained in all applicable documents
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends, and any shift as needed
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to operate picker a reach truck
- Requires the use of simple arithmetic
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift parts up to 45 pounds
- Requires ability to obtain forklift certification
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No