Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is currently seeking an entry-level Assembler to join our team. This position is based at our Pearland, TX location (S. Sam Houston Pkwy E, 77047).
This position is responsible for basic assembly of various industrial lighting fixtures and components by performing various tasks in a work cell. This role will follow production schedules as directed by supervisor or lead personnel and work from sample fixtures. The incumbent will perform individual quality inspection throughout the assembly process, marking and setting aside parts which have obvious defects and informing supervisor and/or set-up personnel of any issues.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Set up work cells, prep housing and frames from schedules, bill of materials, blueprints and instructions.
- Read and follow production order and wiring diagram for the product being produced, test electric wire and terminal connections for mechanical strength and electrical continuity in assembly.
- Complete proper paper work for checklist and maintain production hour by hour boards.
- Pack, label and include instructions on all finished jobs.
- Operate wiring machines both Rivet Machines and sub assemble as needed for production order
- Determine non-conforming material coming from other departments.
- Operate and adjust tools, gauges, use hand and power tools, pallet jack, fixed gauges, jigs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the Houston, TX location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience working in a production-oriented environment
- Possess mechanical aptitude
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions effectively
- Ability to operate power hand tools
- Ability to distinguish colored wiring
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities
- Ability to demonstrate learning agility and high level of attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job for 8+ hours a day and or long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing, stooping, squatting, can be expected along with other means transfer of parts.
- Repetitive wrist, elbow, arm movement and work with small parts and connectors.
- Must be able to frequently lift, pull, and push objects that are up to 35 pounds without assistance. Occasionally lift more than 35 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to wear daily required PPE (safety glasses and steel toe shoes) and where required hearing protection. Additional PPE requirements may exist depending on task such as but not limited to gloves when handling material.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No