If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Senior Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Contribute to the software development efforts through the design and implementation of world class, high-performance platform firmware based on RTOS.
- Evaluate business and technical requirements and identify new solutions.
- Work directly with stakeholders, engineering and test to create high quality products that solve customer problems.
- Propose and implement innovative and competitive technical solutions that make significant business impacts and provide value to stakeholders.
- Provide work estimates and conduct design, implementation, and code reviews.
- Develop and execute plans for incremental and interactive project delivery.
- Author high-quality unit-tested code.
- Work with test team to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Electronics/Electrical Engineering from reputed college.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical or Engineering
- 5+ years of extensive experience in embedded C, C++ programming, Python, data structures on embedded system.4+ years of experience in team management with direct reports
- Industrial Ethernet protocols like EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP, Profinet, BACnet IP, 61850 and or device level field bus technologies -Modbus, DeviceNet, Profibus DP, BACNet, REST is preferred. will be a plus). Good knowledge on Linux (Driver, Kernel) and any RTOS preferably FreeRTOS
- Good team player, good lister, understands the dynamics of team leadership
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only