Eaton’s Hydraulic Fluid Conveyance Division is currently seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Van Wert, OH facility.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the creation, ownership, and improvement of processes plant-wide. In this role you will be responsible for leading/supporting in a teaming environment. Manufacturing Engineering responsibilities across the plant including the following activities: safety, cost reduction / cost out projects, product cost estimating, developing and maintaining production standards and standard work. Assist in the coordination of the capital spending program, insuring accuracy of BOM and routings within ERP system, and assisting in new product launch during and after implementation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Lead cost reduction projects, value analysis and economic programs in order to reduce labor and burden costs.
- Own, prepare, and maintain all production standard work and production documentation, conduct regular standard work checks.
- Use Eaton Lean System / Continuous Improvement Framework Tool in order to drive continuous improvements.
- Develop, maintain, and improve plant/work cell layouts.
- Familiar with automation techniques, including feeders, sensors, hydraulics & pneumatics
- Ensure that process improvements are accurately reflected in product costs and labor and material standards.
- Participates in ergonomics team meetings with goal of identifying and eliminating ergonomics risks.
- Evaluate customer returns for root cause and corrective actions, utilizing formal problem-solving tools such as 8D analysis, PFMEA’s, Control plans, etc. and being able to tie this analysis back to operations standard work and product documentation.
- Mentor co-ops, interns, and technicians.
- Support new product / process development utilizing MCO, MOC, ME25-12, Pro-Launch….
- Analyzes manufacturing data, identifying adverse conditions and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Research, recommend and execute capital equipment projects.
- Ensure processes meet Environmental, Safety, and Health (MESH) & regulatory requirements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline
Minimum of two (2) years of previous engineering work experience in a manufacturing environment
Minimum of two (2) years of previous Computer Skills Proficiency with various computer software and applications such as AutoCAD or AutoCAM
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
No relocation offered. Only candidates that currently reside with a 50-mile radius of Van Wert, OH will be considered for this role. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline, preferably Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering
Minimum of eight (8) years of previous engineering work experience in a manufacturing environment
Experience in Capital Project Work
Knowledge of cost estimating and cost out skills / tools required
Knowledge and application of problem solving tools and methodologies desire
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Project management with attention to detail and organization
Proficiency with various computer software and applications such 3D drawings
- Ability to lead teams
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time