Eaton’s Vehicle Group North America (VGNA) division is currently seeking a Human Resources (HR) Director to join our team.
This energetic and high-performing divisional team partners together to make work exciting, engaging, meaningful and fun. This role will provide the selected candidate with a great opportunity to advance their leadership and HR skills.
The primary function for this position is to serve as the HR business partner (HRBP) supporting the Commercial Vehicle (CV) Operations. This role partners closely with the HRBP supporting the Light Vehicle (LV) Operations.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Directly supports:
- Vice President of CV Operations
- Division Operations Team of approximately 20 team members
- Seven manufacturing plants located in the US and Mexico with 2500 employees
- Select leaders of divisional functions
- Provides counsel, support, candid feedback and guidance on HR matters
- Through strong and connected relationships is knowledgeable and proactive in addressing potential talent, culture, structure and HR operational issues across the Operation.
- Partners with senior leadership to build and develop a strong pipeline of plant manager talent
- Partners with plant managers and plant HR managers to build high performance organizational capability through the talent management processes including acquisition, assessment, performance management, employee development, succession planning and retention
- Coaches and directly develops plant HR teams on both performance and career opportunities; provides candid, actionable feedback. Develops plant HR teams through regular cadence of education and engagement sessions.
- Authentically models and champions Eaton’s leadership attributes, and ensures focus and progress on diversity and inclusion journey
- Guides leadership efforts to shape and sustain a culture of trust, inclusion, transparency and accountability
- Leads all CV manufacturing footprint projects for HR. Serves as HR Lead on the project team to determine HR strategy and detailed human capital plans for execution. Drives HR actions to completion.
- Works with Division HR peers on organizational design projects and implementation
HR Operational Excellence
- Guides and effectively supports plants through HR actions needed due to both business cycles and unforeseen events
- Ensures consistent and effective deployment of HR initiatives, programs, processes, and transferable practices across the CV Operations; leads other members of the HR Function in these deployments.
- Guides all recurring HR planning cycles (compensation planning, performance management, succession planning, employee survey, etc.) across the plant facilities and Division Operations Team. Ensures planning cycles support / feed longer-term strategic HR goals including retention, succession / talent pipelines, diversity, employee engagement, etc.
- Supports accurate headcount forecasting and reporting across CV Operations, in partnership with Finance and plant HR teams
- Ensures HR policies and practices comply with the applicable provisions of country and/or federal and state labor laws, as appropriate; partners with country / matrix HR leaders on issue resolution and process execution
- Guides employee relations and labor relations issues across the sites, and ensures appropriate alignment with all applicable laws, policy and practice. Reviews all terminations within the plants. Reviews all investigations and recommended outcomes. Serves as liaison with Corporate HR teams to coordinate advice or support as needed.
- Guides plant teams on effective engagement with Union leadership and issue resolution aligned with CBAs in both US and Mexico locations
- Works closely with the Ethics Office, plants and/or functions on Ethics calls/issues
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 10 years progressive Human Resources experience
- Minimum of 4 years HR experience working in plant / manufacturing facilities
- Minimum 2 years of managing people
- Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s Degree in Business, Human Resource Management, or Industrial & Labor Relations
- Spanish language proficiency
- Labor Relations experience
- International experience
- Strong business mindset and aptitude to gather and analyze data
- Demonstrated track record of good judgment and decision-making
- Well-honed and effective ability to influence others
- Achieves results consistently
- Intellectual curiosity that drives new and more efficient ways of doing things
- Communicates candidly, while fostering a trusting environment
- Ability to travel up minimum of 25 percent, but up to 40 percent and sometimes with short-notice
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time