Eaton’s Hydraulics Group is currently seeking a Lead Electronic Technician to join our Hydraulics and Electronics Test Lab team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN location.
Eaton’s Hydraulics Group includes a broad range of Hydraulic applications including products such as hybrid power vehicles, high-pressure mobile valve applications, advanced industrial valves and a variety of electronics testing.
This position will be responsible for following standard processes that are routinely conducted on a day-to-day basis. Technicians are expected to plan proper execution of the assigned job, to follow procedures according to department, division, and Eaton policy, and provide timely preparation of information and documents.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide expertise of basic electronics in an R&D lab.
- Focus primarily on the qualification of electronics used in hydraulic systems.
- Test products using benchtop equipment, environmental chambers, and test vehicles.
- Create test set-ups to complete specific and standard test processes.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action to test set-ups as required by established lab procedures or test orders, or when performance falls below acceptable limits.
- Communicate test programs to engineering personnel when appropriate to clarify purpose of testing and the required test results.
- Document and organizes test results per standard electronic format for simple retrieval of test history and corresponding data.
- Complete annual calibration of all instrumentation per standard test lab procedure as required.
- Complete all internal inspection requests as required by engineering.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab in alignment with Lean and Environmental, Health, and Safety corporate initiatives.
- Act as an ambassador of Eaton; takes opportunities to build up the department and Eaton as a whole.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of electronics experience
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Associate’s degree in Electronics from an accredited institution or equivalent
- Electronic build/repair work
- Environmental testing
- Surface mount soldering
- Microsoft Office
- Wire harness assembly
Position Success Criteria:
- Understanding of electronics including: AC, DC, and Pulse Width Modulated power, series and parallel circuits, ohms law, power conversions, inductance, capacitance, resistive and diode components and measurements using multimeters, oscilloscopes, and other test equipment.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No