Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking a Business Intelligence Data Engineer for our Business Intelligence Center of Excellence (BICOE) team. The BI Data Engineer / IT Solution Designer is responsible for providing the technical design and leadership for BI COE projects incorporating best practices and established pattern standards throughout the project lifecycle as an expert in Eaton business intelligence systems and architecture. This position will be based at our Eaton Center in Beachwood, Ohio or in Moon Township, PA; no relocation is being offered.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role as a BI Data Engineer you will:
- Facilitate project technical leadership activities across multiple business organizations
- Translate functional business requirements into IT solutions
- Deliver solutions that meet the expectations of our customers and align with the IT strategy
- Collaborate with virtual teams to deliver quality solutions
- Work in a highly matrixed organization spanning domestic and international locations
- Be responsible for process, standards, governance and performance of the shared structures and technical environments
- Drive projects with broad scope of deployment, including sector and/or region
- Provide support to resolve complex problems in a timely manner
- Collaborate with end users to help define requirements and deliver solutions based on customer needs
- Coordinate project technical activities and provide technical guidance throughout the project lifecycle including: requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, audit, and post-production support
- Drive decisions and deliverables within team
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT experience required.
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of Beachwood, OH or Moon Township, PA; no relocation is being offered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must have a good understanding of the technical platforms, applications, and tools currently utilized at Eaton.
- Must have the ability to quickly comprehend functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Must have a solid understanding in IT process, excellent business intelligence centered technical acumen, strong business process knowledge, and the drive to consistently deliver results that leverage and improve upon existing standards and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to translate highly complicated technical solutions into understandable and logical components.
- Excellent knowledge of Business Intelligence principles including reporting, Data Modeling, ETL/ELT, Unstructured Data Management, relational database principles, and Data Warehousing.
- Toolset experience should include Informatica, Hadoop, OBIEE, Qlikview, MS Power BI, and/or other industry leading BI tools.
- Working level knowledge of SAP and Big Data technologies.
- Expert level understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Possess strong expertise in information architecture, analysis, design, delivery, and communication skills.
- Familiarity with the Eaton BI architecture and landscape highly preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time