Eaton’s Vehicle Division is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team in Galesburg, Michigan.
The primary function of the Senior Financial Analyst role is to provide the accounting, compliance and budgetary support to the Vehicle Group Galesburg campus.
This position will require a high level of analysis and problem solving
skill and the ability to communicate effectively across functional lines. The
ideal candidate is a critical thinker, highly analytical, process improvement
oriented, and demonstrates the drive and people capability to deliver results
within a global, growing, and profitable business.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Supports the month-end closing by preparing journal entries, cross-charge allocations and month-end accruals.
- Supports the closing, forecasting and planning processes for the functional departments on the Vehicle Group headquarter ledger. Works collaboratively with senior leaders to review spending, provide guidance on areas of risk/opportunity and ensure financial forecasts are tied to the business objectives. Develop analytics to help leaders understand key drivers, review discretionary spending analysis, manage open positions in the forecast and prepare presentations to highlight key areas of focus.
- Analyzes key performance drivers to investigate spending variances. Performs root cause analysis to resolve problems. Interprets financial results and communicates opportunities for improvement to budget leads
- Evaluates capital appropriations for reasonableness and compliance with corporate guidelines, forecasts monthly capital spending by project, researches spending variances between GL and PA, capitalizes projects on a timely manner, holds monthly budget owner reviews and maintains accounting for Galesburg HQ assets.
- Consolidates global headcount and spend for VG Manufacturing team. Work with over 10 global sites to coordinate monthly expenses, forecast, and provide analysis to leadership team.
- Compiles monthly balance sheet analysis and account reconciliations on key accounts to ensure accruals and reserve balances are adequate and support documentation is provided.
- Supports the budgets for three campuses. Calculates rent allocations for non-Vehicle Group occupants
- Works in a team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution received by May 2020
- Minimum of 1-3 years accounting/finance experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Sound understanding of internal controls
- Must have attention to detail and sound analytical skills, ability to interpret/communicate financial information.
- Team-oriented, flexible, must be able to work closely with all levels of management.
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills
- Attention for detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a multi-task project environment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time