Eaton’s ESSG- Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Hardware Product Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI site.
The Hardware Product Engineer is responsible for engineering support of the control systems and electronics used with medium voltage reclosers, fault interrupters and switches. This role works with analog, digital and power electronic circuits associated with the microprocessor-based controls that monitor, actuate and communicate with high power switchgear products. The Hardware Product Engineer identifies creative solutions, performs engineering analysis, creates designs and oversees verification of product and engineering process improvements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop, maintain, and improve product designs related of control systems and protective relays to achieve cost and reliability targets.
- Collaborate with global suppliers and Supplier Quality Engineers to define and conduct supplier assessments, capability analysis, and part approvals.
- Lead cross function resources: Quality Engineers, Application Engineers and Service Technicians to analyze, document and resolve product reliability issues.
- Coordinate the execution of functional and reliability test plans utilizing both internal and external lab resources.
- Support production manufacturing and manufacturing engineering with process improvements and resolution of production and testing issues.
- Manage the introduction of new products and changes to existing products.
- Perform engineering analysis and digital simulation leveraging advanced tools (CAD, FEA, statistical analysis, electrical analysis tools, etc.).
- Apply relevant industry standards to product design, including development and execution of design verification and validation.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering to be completed before OR no later than December 2019 from an accredited institution.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of South Milwaukee, WI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience or Knowledge in one of the following:
- Analog circuit design
- Digital design with microprocessors
- Power supply design
- Industrial controls
- 3 phase and electric power systems
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in engineering problem solving and root cause analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency identifying, evaluating and selecting design alternatives
- Demonstrated proficiency verifying design solutions through rigorous test methods and report writing
- Demonstrated proficiency implementing design solutions via engineering change management processes
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and how they apply to the product, including practice in design verification and validation
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time