Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Materials Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Queretaro facility.
The Materials Manager is responsible for Leading Materials solutions for better pricing and shorter lead times; driving lead time reduction through designing and implementing Kanban release processes; benchmarking group metrics to world class standards. Tactical responsibilities include: maintaining system integrity by championing the accuracy of system data; ensuring high inventory accuracy through process improvement, cycle counting, and root cause problem resolution; delivering a seamless source of supply by quickly resolving availability issues; continuously building an A player functional team through education, reviews, promoting and changes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- First, and foremost, will be responsible for the overall quality, timely delivery, and cost of procured components that ensures customer satisfaction of products produced and delivered to our customers.
- Ensure proper configuration and utilization of the system to support the Materials day-to-day responsibilities for manufacturing operations, including indirect materials (MRO)
- Enable growth through Material-base responsiveness, flexibility & agility.
- Integrate, manage & optimize material spend. Establish annual goals & targets for productivity and cost reductions and lead material cost reduction efforts that achieve year over year savings.
- Establish controls and procedures to assure accuracy of inventory records and manage and coordinate activities with other departments to maintain inventories at planned levels.
- Will be accountable for overseeing and guiding the overall work duties and professional development of the individuals within the procurement and materials department.
- Continuous review of the customer web sites to review and improve the customer OTD metrics.
- Integrates materials best practices and continuous improvement processes to support Queretaro strategies.
- Create appropriate metrics that accurately demonstrate the level of value that is delivered through the management business model.
- MESH Champion in category assigned
- Support initiatives to improve EHS Culture
- Support activities to maintain C-TPAT Certification
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Materials Management, or other closely related discipline - APICS CPIM certification preferred or ability to obtain certification.
- Have 10+ years in a manufacturing environment, with 5+ years supervising materials
- Understanding of technical specifications, product performance requirements, manufacturing processes, and end user expectations.
- Strong negotiation and supplier management skills
- Awareness of other functional roles and responsibilities and how they support Corporate and business objectives.
- Intimate knowledge of labor industry trends and risks
- Understanding of Direct Material
- Understanding of international tax, duty, tariff implications for global commodities.
- Experience in Contract Negotiations
- Fully Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- CPIM desirable
- A broad-based thinker, with demonstrated strategic agility.
- Relationship builder – internally and externally.
- Self-directing, self-motivating - A self-starter, who is results-oriented; one who seizes opportunities when they arise.
- Competency and self-motivation to Drive for Results.
- Decisive and able to make controversial decisions to achieve greater value
- An agent for change – with managerial courage and willingness to challenge the ‘status quo’ as appropriate.
- An effective communicator who is comfortable in a high visibility position, and who will act and empower for appropriate organizational change.
- Confident demeanor with the ability to gain the confidence of others, with demonstrated negotiating skills.
- High level of integrity and good common sense. One whom others would consider highly credible.
- Establishes high performance standards and holds self and others to them. Provides timely, complete and actionable feedback, whether positive or corrective – Holding Self and Others Accountable.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time