Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Senior Engineer- Electronics Test to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
Develop test equipment & traceability systems for production of existing and new connected lighting products. The incumbent will study the specifications and identify the actual test methods, materials, fixtures and equipment required. The incumbent will be ultimately responsible for all hardware/software engineering details associated with the testing performed at this facility and others as needed to fulfill customer obligations while maintaining the highest levels of safety.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Plan, design, implement & support production test equipment for industry leading lighting systems
- Participate in New Product Development (NPD) teams and make appropriate preparations (equipment changes, documents, etc.) for performing trials of new products or changes to existing products. Ensure engineering trials are carried out to demonstrate capability and achieve quality/productivity targets. Implement corrective actions for concerns evident during trials.
- Coordinate the execution of test requests and procedures for NPD and production. Estimate time and resources required to accomplish engineering projects and commit to delivery dates.
- Utilize process flow, PFMEA to minimize potential for defects using mistake proofing techniques as practically justified with the aim of zero defects.
- Program LabVIEW software in LabVIEW Test Stand to support traceability functions and provide automated test control.
- Write test scripts using catalog logic to support automated test & assembly clients.
- Maintain a safe working environment by providing adequate precautions to tests in process. Design safety into every test and activity. Safety / 5S+ champion.
- Improve existing testing systems and processes and actively pursue changes to improve quality, performance, cost reduction, and standardization through analysis of designs and problem- solving techniques. Suggests alternative methodologies or techniques to achieving desired results.
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Lighting Business to Signify N.V. This transaction is expected to be completed in the first Quarter of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Lighting Business and would transfer to Signify N.V. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when the transaction closes, you will be eligible to participate in Signify N.V.’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that Signify N.V’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an electronics lab environment and developing test equipment. (Experience gained during Graduate Work/Research will be counted toward this requirement.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Peachtree City, GA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of HW/SW test experience and LabVIEW/Test Stand certified
- Demonstrated experience with one or more programming languages ex. LabVIEW, Visual Basic, C/C++
- Demonstrated experience in SQL database and traceability systems
- Demonstrated experience in writing test scripts and other forms of test automation
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Demonstrated working knowledge of electronics and test equipment operation
- Demonstrated commitment to meet customer requirements
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot equipment and implement repairs
- Ability to train and guide less experienced engineers and technicians
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time