Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking an Aerospace Metal Fabrication Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Cutting, rolling, welding sheet or strip
- Performing various hydraulic forming operations
- Seam Welding & Spot Welding
- Using lathes & Bridgeports
Metal fitting, polishing, grinding or sanding parts to specifications.
Other operations including sandblasting, cleaning, spray coating
Ability to safely perform testing of components using high air pressure or water under pressure
Secondary activities include:
- Evaluating components for repair
Dis-assembly and assembly of precision components for Repair
Operate CNC machines, manual lathes, and drill press to perform a sequence of precision operations such as machining, grinding, carbon boring on a variety of metal components.
You will read blueprints and in accordance with standard shop practices.
You will ensure quality of parts through visual inspection and physical measurement using a wide variety of hand tools and gages.
You will work in accordance with general safety rules and practices and keep immediate work area clean and free from hazards following 5S+ guidelines.
You will be responsible for finished parts conformity to procedure, print or specification.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years metal fabrication experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and within the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Certain duties performed by this role require this position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station Certificate and are subject to DOT drug testing
Associates or Technical degree in machining/maintenance from an accredited institution
Position requires advanced shop math and use of precision measuring instruments such as dial calipers, dial indicators, micrometers, and depth gauges
Basic understanding of blueprint drawings and ability to follow detailed written instructions
Position requires exposure to oil, dust, dirt, and heat.
Ability to certify in Auto-TIG welding, Seam Welding, Laser Welding and/or Spot Welding
Basic computer skills and general knowledge of MRP systems (MFGPRO preferred)
Participation in DOT random drug & alcohol testing program for safety sensitive work.
Position requires wearing PPE including apron, safety glasses, hearing protection, respiratory protection
Ability to stand 8 hours a day
Must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No