Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking an EHS Coordinator to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Williamsburg, VA facility.
The EHS Coordinator is responsible for providing support, leadership and/or facilitation to employees and teams at all levels in the successful implementation and execution of Environmental Health and Safety programs throughout the facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Responsible for completion of Eaton Corporate, Regional and site specific EHS targets & objectives. Supports maintenance, and sustainment of goals that align with corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Support site annual self-assessment and risk-assessment programs including closing gaps identified as critical EHS hazards and aspects.
- Functions as the lead for tracking and assessment of appropriate leading and lagging indicators to demonstrate EHS performance.
- Supports creation of EHS goals for the site and activity-based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and production supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Drives EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Ensures that all key EHS operational controls are in place and EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis and manages the established EHS data processes.
- Helps oversee all near-miss and accident reports, accident investigations and OSHA recordable incidents. Provides appropriate follow-up with supervisors and employees to ensure that actions are implemented to prevent injuries and reoccurrences. Ensures that staff-level members and production employees receive the appropriate communication related to any incidents.
- Aids in developing managers and plant employees to support EHS initiatives as well as conducts various trainings, investigations, EHS actions on the plant floor daily.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Knowledge of OSHA or EPA regulations and compliance
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time