Eaton’s Hydraulic division is currently seeking an EHS Supervisor to join our team.
This position is based at our Querétaro facility.
The EHS Supervisor is responsible to provide health, safety, and security leadership to the site. Individual is accountable for: directing EHS activities at his/her location(s); establishing EHS objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of national, area, and local regulatory requirements, and; ensuring documents are available in the local languages. Position is responsible for: assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required training for EHS personnel; managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions; directing actions during crises; site security, creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes. Carry out all activities according to Eaton’s Ethics and Values.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
Manages and directs site in achieving HSS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and
achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic
B. Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
C. Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
D. Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
E. Works to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
F. Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
G. Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
H. Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
I. Support and/or participate on Continuous Improvement Activities such as: Kaizen, Ideas Programs, cost out and/or demonstrate improvements in goals year over year in our processes or practices aligned to achieve or business goals and/objectives
J. Uses established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
K. Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
• Develops and analyzes statistical data and product / process specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability requirements for the finished product.
• Participates on the Material Review Board (MRB) as well as authority for Material Review Request (MRR).
• Ensures pro-active functional participation in PROLaunch activities. (e.g. identification of customer requirements, manufacturing and test support, reliability analysis, design reviews, evaluation of test programs, material testing) Ensures Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) or First Article Inspection (FAI) requirements and processes are performed in accordance with internal and external requirements.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree with prior experience or education with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
•> (5) year degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent.
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Comprehension of Eaton, industry, state, and country EHS requirements.
• Strong team-building skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Adept at utilization of company-wide system for reporting EHS data and information
• Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts)
• Ability to lead and support cross-functional EHS teams"
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time