The Group Controller is one of the top financial leadership roles in the multi-billion dollar global Crouse-Hinds, B-Line, and Oil & Gas organization. The individual in this role will have the opportunity to work with the Group Leadership Team, the Group financial leadership team, and the Electrical Sector and Corporate finance teams respectively.
This role will be responsible for providing leadership to the Group finance organization in accordance with corporate financial policies, legal requirements and US GAAP. This individual will drive process improvements within the finance function, create and implement policies and procedures to maintain an effective control environment, and provide transparency and analytics of results. The role is also responsible for providing guidance and support in consolidating, reporting and analyzing monthly results, forecasts and plans. Additionally, this individual must provide insightful business analyses to senior management to support the development of objectives and action plans to achieve those objectives.
- Ensure the existence and competency of financial systems and procedures to comply with US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley requirements, and corporate policies and procedures to guarantee the integrity of financial reporting.
- Demonstrates the ability to drive process improvements: detecting the need for change, proactively gathering requirements, designing and developing processes, implementing change, and stabilizing process changes to deliver on stake-holders critical requirements.
- Provide guidance and support in reviewing and analyzing monthly results and forecasts, including appropriate commentary to the Group/Region, Sector and Corporate leadership teams. Highlight areas of concern and recommend improvement actions.
- Perform special analyses to support strategic business decision-making; inclusive of financial analysis in support of strategic initiatives, capital investments, changing business models, acquisition activity, make vs. buy analysis, pricing models, etc.
- Recommend, review and provide input to Corporate and Sector on changes to Financial Policies and Procedures. Lead the development of Group-specific policies where required.
- Leads the development of the Group’s strategic plan financials, annual profit plan and monthly closing and rolling forecasts.
- Interface actively with the Division finance leaders, Sector and Corporate finance teams (tax, audit, treasury, etc.) and Group Senior Leadership Team.
- Leads operating reviews with the Group Senior Leadership Team and Electrical Sector Leadership. Support requirements of auditors as needed.
- Develops and manages key monthly financial processes to include month-end closing, forecasting and planning.
- Provide leadership to the Group finance organization in recruiting and developing top talent. Coach, sponsor and mentor high potentials within the organization. Act as a an agent of change in support of an inclusive culture with a diverse workforce.
- Evaluates capital appropriation requests and works with the business to ensure documents meet all Corporate requirements and clearly articulate capital requirements and associated benefits to the organization.
- Manages the Group HQ accounting and all costs associated with the Group leadership and any other costs for the Group-level organization.
- Ability to operate on a global scale requiring a high-degree of flexibility and communication skills; including the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment including time zones and languages.
BS degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 10 years of broad financial experience within manufacturing organizations.
Thorough knowledge and expertise in accounting, financial management, and business strategy.
Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills. Ability to establish cross-functional relationships.
Ability to effectively diagnose problems and develop solutions.
Strong US GAAP knowledge required.
Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
Passion for business and ability to drive change.
Good verbal and written communication skills in English (required)
Strong leadership ability and coaching skills.
Strong collaboration and team-building skills.
Strong presentation skills required and ability to communicate upward.
- Works well under pressure and good at managing multiple tasks within demanding timelines.
Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business (MBA)
Plant finance experience preferred.
Experience leading finance for large multi-profit center business ($1B+) and/or finance experience working in another region of the world
Experience in leveraging corporate functions and shared services or leadership assignment in Corporate or shared services.
Breadth of experience, including: Driving both an organic and inorganic growth agenda, leading through a financial downturn and related restructuring, contributing toward successful complex commercial transactions
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time